What's new

How do I get started buying a business?

Etowah

crdunn

Reaction score
I am totally new here
How do I get started buying a business?
I would love a laundromat/ car wash type of set up if possible...

Can anyone teach me?

Cynthia

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A logical first step that I always recommend to people asking the same question is to get a part-time job at a car wash and see how you like it. As an attendant you can get some very good experience with customers, clean up, maintenance items etc. You'll get an idea of how much attention a car wash business needs to stay functional and to be kept clean. You'll get an idea of what breaks and how often.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Make sure your finances are in order. Then get experience in whatever business you think your interested in, there is always more to a business than it looks from the outside.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
You're at a good place because the first thing is to know as much as possible about the business. We see far too many people that look at this industry from the outside and think it's a license to print money and don't realize the real amount of actual blood, sweat, and tears that goes into that printing. If you're still passionate and decide on what format you want then you can figure out the $$$ involved to get there. Current lending practices can mean up to 50% down through institutions, seller financing, leasing or lease to own. I never recommend either of the last two unless you have a much better lawyer than they do. Some have been successful with those last two options but far more have failed.