What's new

New to the business

Woodys car wash

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a 3 bay self serve car wash and I have so many questions that I’m not sure where to begin.
First off most of the stuff is magic wand and I’m having trouble finding decals for my bay controllers, second I am wanting to install the monex card readers. Any input on that would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Woodys car wash

Reaction score
Sounds great but I don’t have time for that.
I am detailing there and offering hand washes plus I have three garages to fix up and 4 apartments to remodel.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Magid Wand is no more. For new decals you are likely on your own.

Fatboy might can tell us but there might not be a replacement for those keypad controllers. If that is the case you will need to eventually come up with a solution. You could get new doors now from someone like Etowah Valley or Ginsan.

For meter decals I use STA

Doubtful they will have your specific pattern but if you provide them with basic dimensions they can help you. If you send them a picture of the door and locations of coin slots, etc they can take some existing designs and modify them.

Woodys car wash

Reaction score
Just have a local sign shop make them.
I’m thinking that would cost more. Not cheap to have stuff made.
Magid Wand is no more. For new decals you are likely on your own.

Fatboy might can tell us but there might not be a replacement for those keypad controllers. If that is the case you will need to eventually come up with a solution. You could get new doors now from someone like Etowah Valley or Ginsan.

For meter decals I use STA

Doubtful they will have your specific pattern but if you provide them with basic dimensions they can help you. If you send them a picture of the door and locations of coin slots, etc they can take some existing designs and modify them.
thanks so much any thoughts on card readers?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Sounds great but I don’t have time for that.
I am detailing there and offering hand washes plus I have three garages to fix up and 4 apartments to remodel.
Not to sound too harsh, but if you don't have time to have decals made you probably don't have time to be properly operating a wash. Especially one full of equipment from a manufacturer that no longer exists.

Woodys car wash

Reaction score
Not to sound too harsh, but if you don't have time to have decals made you probably don't have time to be properly operating a wash. Especially one full of equipment from a manufacturer that no longer exists.
Your so right I think I will just say the heck with it all!

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Call Istobal parts department @ 800-336-8795 ext# 112 and ask to speak with Michael. They have both decals in stock.

part# SIG1296 full door decal

part# SIG1290 touchpad overlay

How’s that @Greg Pack?😂

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Your so right I think I will just say the heck with it all!
No reason to get snarky because I am dead serious, how many hours a week do you have available to dedicate to the wash? You'll have some weeks where it needs 15-20 and others where you will feel like you never leave the place. I've been doing this a long time and if you're already talking about a lack of time because of other ventures it's going to be an issue for you.

Woodys car wash

Reaction score
No reason to get snarky because I am dead serious, how many hours a week do you have available to dedicate to the wash? You'll have some weeks where it needs 15-20 and others where you will feel like you never leave the place. I've been doing this a long time and if you're already talking about a lack of time because of other ventures it's going to be an issue for you.
I was just being sarcastic.
I have built house my whole life and am doing this to get out of it. I will be there 12 hours a day and know it’s not going to be easy. I’m just trying to use my time wisely.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I was just being sarcastic.
I have built house my whole life and am doing this to get out of it. I will be there 12 hours a day and know it’s not going to be easy. I’m just trying to use my time wisely.
A 3 bay self serve carwash is a drop in the bucket compared to a income of building houses for a living.